Jason Schreier: How BioWare's Anthem Went Wrong (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 02, 2019, 16:51 (1843 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Most of this... well. Pretty much same old, unfortunately. Yet the thing that has me scratching my head the most is...

At the beginning, they called it Dylan. In late 2012 and 2013, while finishing up the Mass Effect trilogy, BioWare director Casey Hudson and a small team of longtime Mass Effect developers started work on a project that they hoped would be the Bob Dylan of video games, meaning something that would be referenced by video game fans for years to come.

I don't understand this. They already had their "Bob Dylan of video games" -they had just FINISHED it. It was called Mass Effect. You bring up Tali or Garrus or Wrex or Mordin... whatever... you'll get actual feelings and discussions - even today!

Case and point...

*Ahem*

So… do you just give up at that point? Halo was more of a Dylan than anything. Did Bungie stop? Nope. They Dylaned online multiplayer with Halo 2.

There is nothing wrong with aiming to make something that will be remembered in time, even if you've done it before.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread