Side comment (Gaming)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 26, 2019, 12:04 (1825 days ago) @ ManKitten

When I look at my tasks in D2, I cringe. Exotic quests that require beating raids. The Thorn quest that requires beating a ridiculously hard strike. Because of the timing, I’ll probably never beat it. At this point everyone who wants it has it, and those who don’t probably aren’t even interested. But even if I try to complete the quest, I would only be doing it to complete the quest. It’s for a hand cannon. I hate hand cannons and would never use it.

This is less to do with your main post argument, and more as a direct response to this paragraph:

I just got Thorn last night. (The last kill of the 'hand cannon or void kills in PvP' quest step popped during an IB game with DBOers.) As soon as it popped, I said "Hey, does anyone have any interest later tonight in running the final Thorn strike? I just got there." One person (Argent) said "I've been at that step for a month, I'd be happy to finish it." (I berated him for not asking earlier, but he said he had other things he was working on, and it didn't come up.) Two other people offered to be the third; one had already finished it, one wasn't even close (so they were just offering because it's a fun strike to run).

We nailed it on the first try - no wipes.

It's the 5th or 6th time I've run that strike; it's the first time I was actually eligible for the gun, but whenever anyone said "hey, I need one more to run this" I was happy to volunteer.

When you get to that step, hit me up. Do NOT think that everyone's already done with it, or that nobody who's done with it would be interested in running it again.

(Of course, I understand the last line of this paragraph, and all of this might be moot... but it's a general statement about needing help on quest steps. Yes, we have a fireteam builder, and yes, lots of people ignore it for stuff like this because they think their need is too small to schedule something... but my experience is that most DBOers are willing to do most activities in Destiny, when asked. It may not have been something they were considering doing when they got on... but it's far more rare for me to hear "nah, I'm not up for that" than "sure, let's do it.")

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread