This whole thing is awesome (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 12:23 (1787 days ago) @ Chappy

For me, missions/quests like this are the highlight of D2. I love the way it just appeared out of nowhere. The mission is fantastic, and the reward is an absolute BEAST. I also love how the catalyst is tied into the heroic version of the mission (just like the Whisper mission), only this time, the heroic version is a different animal than the normal mission.

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I’d happily give up all the “seasons”, limited time events, and seasonal refreshes in place of a new quest/mission like this every 3 months or so. When Whisper of the Worm appeared last year, it did more to get me and everyone on my friends list excited and playing together day after day, week after week, than Gambit Prime or the Forges ever could. And that’s not a knock against any of that stuff... for me, the Outbreak and Whisper quests are just on a different level. They’re probably more comparable to Shattered Throne than anything else (slightly smaller scale, obviously).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread