This whole thing is awesome (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 13:20 (1809 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

For me, missions/quests like this are the highlight of D2. I love the way it just appeared out of nowhere. The mission is fantastic, and the reward is an absolute BEAST. I also love how the catalyst is tied into the heroic version of the mission (just like the Whisper mission), only this time, the heroic version is a different animal than the normal mission.

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I’d happily give up all the “seasons”, limited time events, and seasonal refreshes in place of a new quest/mission like this every 3 months or so. When Whisper of the Worm appeared last year, it did more to get me and everyone on my friends list excited and playing together day after day, week after week, than Gambit Prime or the Forges ever could. And that’s not a knock against any of that stuff... for me, the Outbreak and Whisper quests are just on a different level. They’re probably more comparable to Shattered Throne than anything else (slightly smaller scale, obviously

I can’t tell if we’re in the minority or not anymore. A big chunk of the community always asks for more updates and events and content... but I’m not sure the necessary trade offs, like smaller simpler missions with no voiced dialogue, are satisfying them. And so they demand more louder...I mean, is there anybody anywhere who thinks Destiny is as good as it could be?

If all these seasons had been was the Gambit quests and this one I’d be happy. Maybe happier. Destiny (and many other games these days) seem to think it’s their right to be my only game. I’d prefer a game that gave me a chunk of good content and then left me alone for as long as it takes to produce more good content. Keep the other missions for if I want to replay them, many of us Halo people replayed Assault on the Control Room a ton, but stop serving up tiny bites of mediocre content just to keep people playing. Maybe do a final transition event for the next game (like something to lead you from Destiny 2 to Destiny 3) but other than that, cut out the new feature each week stuff.

Warmind was closer to what I’d want, but really just give me a Forsaken once a year.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread