To clarify (and rant, I guess): (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:15 (1814 days ago) @ Kermit

It just feels pointless, and, unlike whoever it was around here that likes being underpowered--I don't. I think it sucks. It's the least fun thing to do in Destiny, as far as I'm concerned.

I understand the appeal of the challenge, and I like adapting, changing positions, and so on, but I get you. We could probably do a better job of weighing the size of the challenge and whether to proceed vs. the thrill of beating an encounter by the skin of our teeth.

Well, that would be me. I do love that ultimate challenge of figuring out how to achieve victory against seemingly impossible odds. I hate leaving the question whether we could have beaten it without more leveling unanswered, when in a lot of cases it just seems like one good run where everything comes together would beat the encounter. I do think we made the right decision to give up on Riven though - failures during the multiple end sequences once we actually got that far would have been too heartbreaking. I still enjoyed how we rallied around the dark humor of picking the eyes randomly.

I don't know if we got lucky and no one on my team had a life then, but I rememeber playing for hours in the afternoon, taking a break, and then playing into the night. It was amazing, and I've been chasing that experience ever since.

It seems like this forum demographic is such that a lot of people have more going on than they did 5 years ago. Not a lot of new blood.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread