This is also silly. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 11:33 (1759 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Sorry, I really don’t mean to be combative. But you’re complaining that he spoiled . . . an in-game splash screen and some potential advertising.

I’m all down for letting people enjoy things as they wish and not spoiling things, but this seems a little extreme.

I didn't know that. He said it was datamined information in the subject line. That implies things that people aren't supposed to know. Also he posted it before the update was even live. Both things imply that it's things I'm not supposed to see yet.

Even so, there are people who don't want to know about new content until they can experience it. I'm one of those people. I work like most of America and don't want to learn about this stuff within minutes of it released. I mean, is it honestly so hard to either put a better subject line on it, a spoiler tag, or just wait a day?

There are many people who are a part of this community, just think of other people.

This is for the next big expansion. You’ll see the splash screen presumably after Bungie’s stream on Thursday. It’s not really spoiling anything you won’t know about long before playing it anyway.

Again, I’m not one for willfully spoiling anything, but there has to be line somewhere. I draw that line at advertising. If it’s advertising material it’s not a spoiler and doesn’t need to be marked as such.

The fact that this is before the advertising is officially out there makes it grey, I guess, maybe, but not really, because you’re going to see it on Thursday anyway. And spoiling Bungie’s reveal isn’t really a spoiler in my book.

I didn’t see his original subject, so can’t comment. I can agree that just hiding stuff in the message is a better way to approach things. But I also stand by the fact that it isn’t really a spoiler so it’s a non-issue.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread