Real time review of this video Part 5 (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, July 09, 2019, 10:44 (1752 days ago) @ narcogen

This is followed up with a decent point on how multiplayer is harder to balance than Halo because of how broad and deep the sandbox of weapons and abilities is.

36 minutes in, D1 expansions get their first mention. 9 minutes left.

So 9 minutes left to talk about:

Dark Below
House of Wolves
Taken King
Rise of Iron

D2 Vanilla
Curse of Osiris
Warmind
Forsaken
Shadowkeep

So ~1 minute each, I guess.

Now we're following up on the "slow updates because of the engine" point, but it looks like he's pegging this to the DLC release schedule, which more or less followed the contract, and not patches, which is really what was affected by the problems iterating content in the Tiger engine.

D1 got about as much DLC as it was planned to get, pretty much when it was planned to get it, although one could argue that faster development time would have meant more content...

OK now we're getting to the patching/weapon balance issues. Some Datto footage, along with a credit and VO by datto, which means he gets mentioned earlier than most of the Bungie employees quoted in this video.

We're now going over all the additions and improvements, as well as live events funded by microtransactions, over footage from Taken King and accompanied by music from House of Wolves.

38 minutes in, first mention of Rise of Iron. That gets addressed quickly so we can move on to Luke Smith introducing Destiny 2, accompanied by music from... RIse of Iron.

I think if chronology was going to be your primary organizing principle it might be important to, within each chronological section, match the music and imagery with the period and release(s) you're talking about.

"The game had a lot of content, but none of it was meaningful endgame content, according to the fans"

.... I guess D2's first raid doesn't count?

He's comparing reddit shitposts about COO content with... the Myth 2 installer bug.

Five minutes left. I think I need to take a break before I finish this.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread