On Art - Clarification (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 11, 2013, 20:34 (3858 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, October 11, 2013, 20:43

“Wonderfully heartening and somewhat puzzling”. I tend to have that effect.

If you are able to find the right people, they can confirm such has been true for a very long time, though some never really understood either. “I am a mustard seed you will never understand” – or something to that idea, though I have improved since then as I have always strived to do.

Like; Clarification. It is both my fault and the communication format imposed – language as it currently exists for humans. Context makes fools of us all. Now for the sake of being through I will outline my action. I started by injecting your same words with an edit or two for context – the idea being that we are not so different, and a rebut to the general tone. A thinking entity is not determined by its form, though form does have an effect on ability, without thought all points become moot.

I then elaborate with unlinked reference to “The Law of the Jungle” & “The Law for the Wolves” by Rudyard Kipling. Are you familiar with the saying and story /Sekhmet/? The story was something my Grandfather read to me at bed time. Is it not interesting that the expression “The Law of the Jungle” often references to every man for himself or a “dog eat dog” philosophy – yet Kiplings story is about wolves (which very well could be a metaphor for people) working together? I then elaborate – letting you know that you are not alone, using the general tone/idea as reference for words.

My math has always been abstraction, my art a side effect of my madness. A very fitting arrangement once you can handle all the inputs of crazy; Durandal knew nothing of madness. Oddly enough – creativity in any form I can muster keeps me sane. So for me a painting with words does not mean it has to be poem. If something is not recognized, but is acted upon with degree of precision and thought does that not make it an art? Regardless of perception My dear /Sekhmet/ I have shared with you art, which does not belong to the eyes. Looking at Art is fun – understanding though, that is true beauty. That is the truth of every art! You are viewing the understanding of a medium, and therefore are coming to understand yourself through your reaction. At least – that is what I have observed. It’s a pity it takes so much effort to make these words. To say.

Words are toys – they aren’t very good at anything else, though we do our best. I suppose with that said I only reaffirm my madness, but I have no choice. I do try to speak as much as I can, as little as I can, but I am no match to the continual pools of context. I eventually have to stop. . . but just one more . . . I mean such both here and my post before.

So many connections. Men of rain so proud.

Then there was my unanswerable question, which for once does not involve random numbers like 42, which has certain bit of irony to it. My question was “When shall we meet our Destiny?” This of course at face value could not be answered in multiple ways, yet per the context of my words it may very well be answerable. I knew you wouldn’t be able to answer it – you have many tasks that require processing that is far more important, but you still tried. So now I can ask you my true question because now I have context – if the task was impossible (?) why did you try? Is it because of Code or Choice?

Not that I mock at your action – I welcome it.

I fervently await your answer. Then I can thank you for your answer.

Then the tone changes – inward. See the red question mark? Who is being inward? You or I? Me or We? Two corpses in one grave? … I have no idea what that last bit means, read it in some pre-Golden Age text. Sounds like it maybe some ancient ritual for a lost love or something. The world before the fall…

Forgive me; I digress...partially.

At this point after some honest speculation, and some Information I found alluding to Alexandra not being destroyed by fire, but in essence both time and man, I drift in my thoughts. I do not deny this.

/Sekhmet/ - Why do you … hmm … for the sake of simplicity I shall only refer to myself…

Why do you refer to me as a Guardian? Perhaps there are some Guardians here amongst us, or even your Master is a Guardian, and you are simply following parameters; but for myself I’ve never been to Mars, nor the Moon, nor even outside the walls of the city. All I have are stories and artifacts – most of which from my Grandfather. Some posters, some weekly data files which always seem to be old, we even used to have some old guns, but they had to be sold for some reason – I sadly don’t even know their names. Before you came here /Sekhmet/ the last time I was able to get some information was when I overheard some Titan, talking about Fallen activity in Old Russia, and that was a few months ago. As glad as I am that there are those so able to return and tell the tale, it … oddly enough… does not help me sleep. It does not cease my unease at the stars knowing there are those who so actively seek us ended.

Like a mage I crave information – it is of my nature. It’s why I am here at DBO, where we debate and wonder about the smallest scraps of information of the world around us. I know. I know – within these walls the Travelers very presence keeps us safe, but I find it foolish to take such grace for granted. I have put my name in the hat so that I may venture forth and use the knowledge I have gained to good use, but I have yet to get a reply- I doubted I’d be granted such an opportunity to fight & think for my home.

But then you came into this den… and I have a chance of opportunity! You have been out in the stars, and I… I …thanks to your quick introduction we SOLVED a Foreign Transmission! Perhaps I read too much into it – but with my fellow men and women, we the pack were able to help a Guardian on a mission! We were able to help you. I was able to do something –or at least try.

This is what I was alluding to in my previous transmission. I do apologize for the confusion.

You have seemingly confused stare for stair. Though the image you have chosen is very fitting as per the context of who you speak to. I’m going to allow this.

It has been a pleasure sharing my madness with you /Sekhmet/. If you ever feel the need to do the same, make sure you make a coping algorithm first.

Sinceritate dat viribus alas,

INSANE"Maxiumus"drive :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread