No no no... it's more like... (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 11, 2019, 14:15 (1713 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, August 11, 2019, 14:25

[image][image][image][image]

I wanted to post yesterday... but you know what I did? YOU KNOW WHAT I DID! I had myself a nap! IT WAS GLORIOUS! And then... I popped up some popcorn and finally watched the movie (Baby Driver) I've had on my DVR for like... ever. And then... and THEN! ... I went to bed. *MILD SHOCK* Madness. Got to say though... that sleep thing is pretty good when you can get it. Do recommend.

As expected... the response to this is Congratulations. DON'T. DO NOT CONGRATULATE THIS!

THIS WAS STUPID!

SO here let me REVERSE-CONGRATULATE!

cheapLEY, you asshat! You chose to not suffer because... um...
YOU ARE A RAGING PSYCHOPATH! and I commend you. Well. Freeking. Done.

[image]

To Beorn, you dum-dum! You chose to be an ADULT because... um...
YOU ARE A RESPONSIBLE HUMAN BEING! and I commend you. Well. Freeking. Done.

(TO ADD - TO ADD!... The "VOID" SPARROW DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A FREEKING PURPLE CONTRAIL! THE FUCK!?! >_<)

[image]

Oh Oh Oh... oh I SEE YOU WU! I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU TOO! YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE THIS CONGRATULATIONS, AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT!!!

I hope you have fun doing your real life stuff with your fam. You monster.
And I commend you. Well. Freeking. Done.

...real life is definitely more important than this stuff. ...

To round all this up, here are my thoughts... in a bit less animated fashion. As much as I do have fun writing this up in ever the caricature, I want to be quite real about this. This years "celebration" was a joke. It, in some right odd I'm-not-quite-sure-where manner, scares me to think that any time was put into this "event" at all. In fact, I have reason to believe that this years event was an afterthought. A Frankenstein effort. Slap together bits, parts, and pieces of the game and call it an event. Oh, but it gets worse, as marketing can trend to do. If you call it an event, a big time limited deal, it shall be treated as such. Yeah the armor is cool, and the fresh space is CERTAINLY neat and DEFINITELY welcomed. But... It all comes back. Bungie made this. BUNGIE MADE THIS. "We make games we want to play" my ass. I mean... shoot. Is there even anyone out there who goes... OH BOY! I CAN'T WAIT TO DO SOME PATROLS! Again and again and again. At least.

I... We've... been giving Bungie the benefit of the doubt for years. And... once again, I'm going to do that here. It is my suspicion that SHADOWKEEP absorbed essentially all the resources and time.

But Bungie... Please. If you are listening, and HEY, please jump in and say hi every now and again. We might not be as massive as reddit, but DBO is home base to some of the most relatively ancient argent fans, and we grow weary it seems. Clearly. Our ability to, if I may be so bold to say so (and please among you correct me if I am wrong,) our ability to give the benefit of the doubt has begun to wobble abit, and some more then that long ago.

So when you bring out something like this, and put your name on it, you give less, not more. All this is to say, if my hypothesis is true... you should have canceled this event. Again, presuming my hypothesis is true.

You know, it's a shame. Now that Bungie is out on their own... and they have all this weight. Yet if they did not incur such weight, Destiny wouldn't have, as far as I can tell, been able to get off the ground.

Bungie. No more mistakes. ...

Fuck.

I look forward to your 'Director's Cut' Megapost, Luke.

TL;DR - (Except not funny)

Well at least we can all pretend this never happened when Shadowkeep launches right? RIGHT!? All will be forgiven? Right? Since you're still here... here's a bonus thought. It's something that's really been bothering me as I "played".

Why am I able to do this... but not the real life "grind" stuff? Madness. MADNESS!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread