Exactly, and I'm being driven out (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, August 03, 2019, 13:15 (1728 days ago) @ narcogen

It is increasingly difficult to feel like one is really part of the Destiny community as a player without what appears to me to be a ever-increasing time commitment.

Before the event began, I briefly flirted with the idea of trying to get the Legendary armor on all three classes so that I could have my Voidstreak Sparrow back, but now that I've seen what's required, there's no way in hell that I'm doing that. The apparent lack of respect for our time and attention only serves to push me further away from this game and community, which saddens me.

I don't want Destiny to be homework. I don't want it to be the only game I have time or energy to play. I don't want to feel small and ineffectual when I do play because I am unable or unwilling to dedicate dozens of hours a week (or more) to playing the game. If Destiny isn't willing to play nicely with a busy life/work balance, then it doesn't deserve to be played.

Bungie needs to dial some of the knobs back a bit. The game's grind is over-tuned right now and it's not a good balance. Someone at Bungie* is getting over-zealous about trying to force players to stick with Destiny through grind mechanics and it's starting to feel a bit like an emotionally abusive relationship. I have no desire to be part of that.

*Previously I'd question whether Activision was calling these shots, but there's nobody to blame but Bungie now. :-\

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread