Request for Super Good Advice (Destiny)

by TheOmegaClown, Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 15:50 (1646 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Everyone gave great advice. To piggy back:

1. Do what's fun (for you). Just make sure you pick up bounties to advance that season rank. I dont touch crucible or gambit and I've leveled up just fine, so dont feel compelled to do everything either. Avoiding burn out > leveling faster in my book.

2. My policy has been to dismantle any armor with a roll below 57-58. Keeping one piece of each element type is a good idea, but I'm only starting to do that now that I'm in the 940's. Shadowkeep is to armor what Oprah gifs are to bees (BEEEEEES!!!). Don't stress too much about it. Be brutal and dismantle anything you havent touched in a while or is generally unremarkable or imperfect. Unless it's the most perfect roll you can get, chances are you'll get a replacement in about 30 minutes.

My strat has been: a) find an exotic weap/armor/spec combo that you like b) after playing it for a while, ask how it might interact with some of the artifact mods that you're unlocking c) finally, round it out with other element affinity mods that complement the build. Approaching builds at a hierarchical level has helped me better understand the new system and better learn what to look out for as my power level increases and I'm building for end game activities.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread