LOL! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 12:30 (1630 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Spam me, buddy. :)

Here's the scoop, honestly. I trying to balance of a lot of things in life, and I realized at least since D2 came out, that I would not be able to put in the time like I used to. Frankly, it was bad for me. I cannot play Destiny nightly.

When I do play now it's very strategic--I pick certain objectives and try to maximize bounties, etc. I feel very selfish about this, because I seldom feel generous enough to say I'm up for whatever anyone wants to do (words I've heard you say many times, cheap). Sometimes I feel like I'm slow--I feel like it takes me too much time to manage my gear and too much time and attention to focus on what I'm doing. I always like the immersion element, too--just taking in the amazing environments. Maybe it's my relative lack of skill, but sometimes I feel like I have a concentrate more to succeed. I find it hard to chat and play sometimes. I get especially distracted if I'm doing something challenging like raiding, and someone not on the fireteam is chatting.

So I've listed the negatives of socializing, but I miss the positives, too. I like chatting, and I do have real friends here. I miss playing with many people. Maybe I'm a little afraid that'll make me play more, but really it's up to me.

I have tried sending messages through the Destiny app to pursue activities in the near future. I should try more of that. I miss you all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread