I've had troubles in the past. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:37 (1631 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Honestly, I'm like that too, at least to some degree. I won't usually mind one or two extras, but when it gets to the point where there's 6+ people in the party and only 3 of them are actually playing together, it can become very difficult to actually coordinate in the game.

One notable incident:

Party had 9 people in it, 6 of them were doing Last Wish, the other 3 were screwing around doing something simple and talking a lot. Didn't bother most of the raiders, because they had done it a lot. I had not done it a lot, and needed to concentrate.

Didn't want to be a dick about it, so I just muted the extras.

Forgot to unmute them.

Fast forward 2 weeks, doing the Last Wish raid again with the same supergroup, but this time one of the extras was in the raid with us. He got more and more annoyed by the fact that I was ignoring him (because he was muted and I wasn't hearing him) until someone finally audibly noticed that I wasn't actually responding to what he said, and I realized he was muted.

That oversight was probably responsible for 3 or 4 wipes. ;)

(He laughed about it after the fact, but was pretty pissed by the time we solved the problem.)

I think I've been a dick about it on occasion. :( Muting is not perfect either because then you get half-conversations going on with people you haven't muted.

Also, real talk: if you've been an extra in the party and I've invited you to take my place so I could leave, it might have been because I was frustrated and didn't want to be a dick.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread