A thing I noticed about the new power level progression (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 07:57 (1628 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I have mixed feelings about it.

Because of how slow it is, 950 to 960 feels like even more of a chore, not less. On the other hand, it’s also basically meaningless. With the Artifact, I’m in the low 960s anyway, so I don’t have to care about that extra power, which seems like a decent solution. The grind is there for those who want it, but it’s not necessary to complete any end game content.

Actually, I just checked today and the hardest nightmare hunts are suggested light level 980... So if I ever want to do them without them kicking my ass I would prefer 960 + Artifact level. I would also love to know what the light level is of the final enemies in the raid. Ever since they changed how they show the who you were killed by and the recommended light level. It's been not at all consistent.

Yeah the 980 Nightfalls and 980 Nightmare Hunts are probably the most light-level demanding activities in the game right now. I finally managed to finish a 980 nightfall last week (I was at ~970). I’ve been doing master nightmare hunts since I was ~965, but some of those missions are a bit more dangerous than others.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread