You two are also good at Destiny (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 09:04 (1628 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s also a fair point. (:

Chasing Pinnacles just isn’t something I care about. I’m happy to get them, but that extra 10 power level I could take or leave at the end of the day.

Lots of people were complaining that the 960 cap wasn’t even possible to obtain even with perfect drops in the slots you need. I guess I’m actually okay with the game having a sort of theoretical cap that might not actually be attainable, with the Artifact filling in the gaps.

That grind is there for folks to chase if they want it, but it’s not strictly necessarily the way getting to the cap used to feel like it was.

The one point of friction that jumps out at me is that some of these high-level activities (Nightfalls in particular) are pretty much the only source of ascendant shards, other than purchasing them (and we’ve already covered how obscenely expensive that is). So if you want to really dig into maximizing the RPG side of character building, you kinda have to get your light level up into the 970s at least, unless you’re an exceptionally skilled player.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread