Life is Strange 2 (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 20:35 (1577 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 20:40

Remember when I said Life is Strange was good, but dropped the ball on choice?

After finishing, I think 2 is the opposite. It's not BAD, don't get me wrong, but it's not nearly as engaging story wise as the first. However, your choices mattered much more in terms of the ending. The accumulation of little choices along the way adds up. You still have a binary pick at the end, but now there are 7 outcomes (3 are minor variations) based on what you've done up to that point. You can make the same final choice as someone else, and have the result be completely different to theirs if you did different stuff along the way. It was cool.

Worth a play. Now we just need the characters / story connection of the first with the choice system of the second. So Three is gonna be hella good!

P.S. The game appears to read your save from the first game to canonize your ending choice. For me, David talked about how Chloe died, but for someone else Chloe was alive and she found a picture of her and Max in his trailer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread