Re: Destiny in 2019 (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 17:45 (1568 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The difference for me is that all of those games had great stories that made perfect sense and were presented well even if you ignored the additional lore entries. Destiny doesn’t. It never has, and I don’t think it ever will. And that’s fine. It’s not reality what I come to Destiny for. I still hope for more.

You’re right, in that they are part of the game, and it’s not really fair to just dismiss them because it’s not the way I want story presented. I’m glad they are easier to get and in order now. I still have at least two lore books from Forsaken that I haven’t even found a single page for yet. I have no idea what they are or how to get them. Mostly I can’t be bothered. It’s to much runaround just to wrest a good story out of the game. That’s a huge problem for trying to use those to tell a story. It is getting easier, and that’s great. I just wish we could get to a point where the story told through cutscenes is half as interesting as any of the lore books, rather than the barest outline versions of a story they’ve been giving us.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread