Re: Destiny in 2019 (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 18:16 (1590 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And some of that is certainly due to this new seasonal format where things are more closely linked. There was an interesting tweet from Luke Smith the other day where he was almost apologizing for this current season being fairly disconnected from the last one. So, if anything, I think future seasons will be even more caused by the stuff we do. That could be pretty neat.

That’s where I get lost.

They hyped up how the seasons will be connected, how one will naturally lead to the other, and literally the first chance they have to show us how cool that is, they just don’t do it and say they do it next time? That is absolutely Destiny in a nutshell.

I’m not just in here trying to shit on your thread or anyone’s enjoyment of the game. But that so perfectly encapsulates all of my problems with Destiny, it felt worth saying.

What the hell man... did you skip the cutscene where it showed that killing the Undying Mind was what let the Cabal splinter time and is why we are having to use the Sundial to battle them across different periods of Mercury?? Last season, we watched Ikora build her device. At the conclusion of the season we deployed the device. We got cutscenes and dialogue and text all telling us it was our actions that lead to this next step.

And Luke implied that the connections would be even stronger in the future. Not that they didn't exist this time.

I can't help you if you aren't paying attention at all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread