I'm just generally confused. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:30 (1588 days ago) @ ManKitten

I was doing the quest line, did one run of sundial but now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. There isn't anything in my quest boxes.

There is getting to be too much stuff going on for me to keep up with. Once again, I got my power level maxed the week before the new season, and got it looking how I wanted. Then light level goes back up and I'm back to being a garbage monster wearing blue armor or whatever else is highest light.

I'm back to being tired of Destiny. I just have no idea what's going on or what to do.

I totally get that feeling. The ironic part is that there isn’t actually much going on this season so far. You get the sundial up and running, and activate the Obelisks that link to it (2 of them last week, and I’m presuming another 2 this week). In conjunction with this, there’s a little weekly story-progression mission for Osiris involving Saint 14 (similar to the weekly Eris memory missions last season). Last season, we had a new campaign, the Eris missions, Vex Offensive, a whole new location to explore, Nightmare hunts, Vex invasions, a new raid, new dungeon, a huge power climb, ritual weapon quests that took way longer than this seasons’ RW quests... So far, this season is actually paper thin when you break it down.

The problem, I think, is that unlocking the Obelisks, the bounties they provide, and the weekly quest steps for Osiris are a giant fucking list of annoying busy work. My weekly checklist right now is mostly stuff like “90 grenade launcher kills, 45 sniper rifle headshot kills, defeat 50 Fallen with Finishing moves, kill enemies with Solar weapons, collect 30 planetary materials on Mars...” etc, etc. It’s the absolute most mundane and boring crap they could possibly throw together.

The sad part is that the actual story stuff happening with Saint 14 is cool so far, once you finally get to it. But I’m not sure how many people will dig through all the tedium to get to it. I gave up 2 weeks into the Drifter’s stuff involving the Nine, and that wasn’t nearly as mind-numbing as this stuff :-/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread