I'm just generally confused. (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 07:25 (1562 days ago) @ Korny

The problem, I think, is that unlocking the Obelisks, the bounties they provide, and the weekly quest steps for Osiris are a giant fucking list of annoying busy work. My weekly checklist right now is mostly stuff like “90 grenade launcher kills, 45 sniper rifle headshot kills, defeat 50 Fallen with Finishing moves, kill enemies with Solar weapons, collect 30 planetary materials on Mars...” etc, etc. It’s the absolute most mundane and boring crap they could possibly throw together.

Sounds like the game is better than ever! Lol.

It gets a little better: you and your friends can have different Obelisks linked, so you are actively discouraged from playing with friends who aren't linked with your planets.
And if you have the same Obelisks linked, you might have different destination quests, so you're further tasked with splitting up (I joined Nevin earlier, who clearly had the "Complete 9 Lost Sectors" Mars bounty, while I had "Kill 100 Cabal on Mars". We never saw each other.) And that's before you even get to the weapon bounties, such as my "Kill 150 Hive with precision damage", which would have sucked if Nevin was around stealing my precision kills. Most bounties have you better off running solo, which is how I've seen most people running this past week.

This is all exactly what I love doing in Destiny. This season was made for me!! I just wish I knew how to get it all started. I'll hopefully get some time tonight to log in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread