Saint-14 (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 23, 2019, 13:01 (1578 days ago) @ Oholiab
edited by Korny, Monday, December 23, 2019, 13:40

So I logged in to Destiny tonight and discovered that I had saved Saint-14. He’s very thankful and happy to be in back in the City.

Except... I have no recollection of doing so. Did I miss a quest step somewhere along the way?

It's interesting how Bungie is handling the progressing story that has replaced any actual arc. You are supposed to feel as though you are participating in the events, and driving change in the game state, but it will march on with or without you, and without waiting for you at any of the steps.

It will cause a huge dissonance for anybody who isn't completing the steps as they come, and Bungie isn't exactly making players feel involved even when they are devouring the content the moment it hits the table (remember that portal that took weeks to build with zero player input, then poofed in a tuft of smoke the second the season changed, with talk of your great success even if you didn't do anything?).

I dunno. On the one hand, the fact that you not only feel a disconnect, but you permanently miss out on the content itself when the season changes is a bad way of handling a living world, but on the other, at least the game is changing, being refined, and giving us something fresh every few months...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread