I'm excited about this. (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 14:17 (1507 days ago) @ Kermit

Why are you so determined to be a shitlord gatekeeper for the crap you like?

I am merely predicting the reality of the situation. I’m totally going to watch this.

Then I really don’t even understand what this conversation is about.

I don’t think your reality matches actual reality in this case. Your numbers argument just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Let’s make it clear: I’m saying it’s likely going to end up like the near entirety of game to movie / TV adaptations if they just straight up tell the story of the game.

Yet you're unclear. Define your terms. What do you mean "like the near entirety of game to movie / TV adaptations"?

Whatever you mean, how would telling the story of the game contribute to that result?

Another question: would you call the LOTR movies a straight up telling of the novels?

Go back and search my posts. I’ve explained numerous times how novel to film is vastly different than game to film. Novels do not use audio or video at all, and can gain a tremendous amount in a straight adaptation. You’ll find the answers to all three questions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread