Whats the fastest way to level up this season? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 16, 2020, 16:18 (1501 days ago) @ Korny

Then take the highest level weapon from each slot (kinetic, energy, and power) and transfer them over to your next character. This will drag that character’s level up, so they’ll have a head start when you go and do the powerful rewards activities with that character.

Fun fax, you don't necessarily have to do that! The Game automagically takes the highest-light weapons that you own into account when it comes to drops on any character.

It’s good you brought that up, because you’re correct that it’s supposed to work that way, but it apparently doesn’t work right now. A guy on reddit did a bunch of testing and found that rewards from some sources were only looking at the gear on your current character as well as what you have in your vault, but not your other characters.

From the limited experimenting that I’ve done, I can say with confidence that powerful drops DO still take into account the gear you have in your vault, if not your other characters. I left a set of power-level 1000 weapons in my vault, and then switched characters over to my Warlock (who I haven’t played with yet this season). When I inspected my Warlock’s season pass screen, all the drops were showing well above 970, which is that character’s current level.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread