How’s Trials? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 17:34 (1451 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nope. Only boss fights where you could reliably hit headshots for extended periods of time.

There’s also a huge gap between what you’d see the streamer teams pull off, vs the actual experience of the average LFG group. You could watch Glad solo the Whisper mission using Whisper to melt all 3 bosses because the guy isn’t human and never misses, but every time I tried it I’d run out of ammo before killing even 1 of the 3 bosses, and I’m pretty good at this game.

Most LFG groups would still struggle against most raid bosses, and most other encounters didn’t really favour Whisper in any meaningful way.

So why'd it get nerfed?

I can only guess it’s because of the hardcore streamers using it to melt a few raid bosses, which does influence the rest of the player base to at least imitate, even if they aren’t always as successful. It’s true that there were plenty of “must have whisper” raid posts on LFG sites. But those never go away. Nerf whisper, and those min-maxers will just switch to the next most effective weapon. They didn’t improve weapon diversity, they just ruined what was a player favourite weapon and made all the tryhards switch over to DARCI instead.

If they actually wanted to improve the situation, they should start by designing more boss encounter that don’t involve shooting a big target from long range because you can’t get close without being stomped into oblivion. It’s almost like they want us to go back to using our Scout Rifles for DPS, like we had to back when D2 first shipped. Similar to the Luna’s Howl/Not Forgotten issue, they didn’t improve the underlying issue, only soured something that people enjoyed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread