While we’re on Assassin’s Creed (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 19:43 (1451 days ago) @ cheapLEY

They just announced the new installment, Valhalla. I’m definitely interested!

I’ve also gone back to Odyssey. Is worth checking out. I don’t like it as much as Origins (I just think it’s too big and a little unfocused), but it’s still a great game. It’s fun to just explore around and take over forts. I like the sort of rudimentary politics system (which is rumored to be expanded in Valhalla). I put like 40 hours in and barely have seen half the map in the game. It’s ridiculously big.

I thought about picking up Unity. I guess I’ll still think about it, I’m not sure I’m in for it right now. Still have too much Witchering to do. (:

I still go back to Odyssey every few days (my daughter is obsessed with it. She loves fighting her way through all the forts) and I’m still blown away by how massive and beautiful that game is. I agree that it’s a bit less focused than Origins. But it also takes the platform laid out by Origins and goes further with it in some awesome ways. The DLCs are pretty spectacular too, purely from a visual sense. They’re total repeats of the same mechanical formula as the main game, but they dive deep into fantasy world in terms of the locations. It isn’t a spoiler to say that one of them takes place in Atlantis (it’s the name of the DLC).

[image]

And similar to how Origins explored the Egyptian afterlife with its DLCs, the Odyssey DLCs take you through the Greek Afterlife. One of the realms is straight-up Dreaming City 2.0, and it’s stunning:

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread