While we’re on Assassin’s Creed (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, May 04, 2020, 14:17 (1452 days ago) @ cheapLEY

They just announced the new installment, Valhalla. I’m definitely interested!

True! As a matter of fact, it MAYYY be part of the reason why I looked into playing an Assassin’s Creed something.

I’ve also gone back to Odyssey. Is worth checking out. I don’t like it as much as Origins (I just think it’s too big and a little unfocused), but it’s still a great game. It’s fun to just explore around and take over forts. I like the sort of rudimentary politics system (which is rumored to be expanded in Valhalla). I put like 40 hours in and barely have seen half the map in the game. It’s ridiculously big.

Can't speak how big in comparison Unity is to those games (though it's likely the map is smaller), but I can say that all the historical greatest hits are there. One of the big draws for me of the Assassins Creed Franchise is the use and rendering of Historical elements as a framework for their stories. For the most part, I couldn't even care about the us-V-them faction nonsense, though as mentioned in my OP, they did do some interesting stuff that blends the two aspects together which I'm a big fan of. I hope there is more.

I thought about picking up Unity. I guess I’ll still think about it, I’m not sure I’m in for it right now. Still have too much Witchering to do. (:

Witchering, eh? Well then, in that case you'll be done when the wind stops howling.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread