AS:U Co-Op & D2 Assistance (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 08:55 (1445 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Before I get to the main topic, a preamble (of sorts). I was looking through my list of games, and I said... ya know, I've got all these Assassins Creed Games I've collected over the years from the "Free if you have Gold" program Microsoft has. Figured now is as good a chance to give'm a try as any. So I chose to give Unity a shot. That's the one in late 1700's France where obviously nothing eventful happened. It's ok. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, as even with many of the very public bugs smoothed out, there are still some very rough edges. At times the controls for this game feel like I dipped my controller in a vat of syrup, just so sticky. Obnoxiously, frustratingly, dang-it-stop-doing-x-and-do-y, sticky. Which is a shame, as it's a lovely game all in all.

First three sections are kind of rough, but after that it became easier to find a groove on how the game plays. But then there is something that happens that is new (to me) that I think is quite cool. I'm going to put a spoiler tag over it, as it's best experienced with the surprise I got from it, as it's these little moments that actually got me to invest into the game, the "experience".

The moments where you jump temporarily into different points of time. The inner historian in me LOVES these all too brief moments. The first jump was a interesting change of pace. It really brought home, at least to my mind, how things changed. And then in the 2nd instance... even though I KNEW it was coming... chills. SOLID CHILLS. SOOOO GOOD! I know not of any others at the moment.

With that, I'm now fairly invested, and want to give Assassins Creed: Unity a good run.

That's where the Co-OP comes in. This game has, as far as I can tell, Co-Op missions that can support up to 4 total players. I have yet to play ANY Co-Op, While I could matchmake, It would be nice if I could get my bearings with folk I already play abunch with. Anyone here play this? How was/is the netcode? Just wanted to extend that olive branch and see if anyone else is willing to run around in 'creed and stab things in the face...or what have you.

Then, there is the Assistance. I still have a few things to achieve so that I can get the "Guardian Games" Exotic. Thing is, I'm SOOOOO done right now when it comes to Lone Wolf stuff in Destiny 2. So this is a call for anyone still jumping around in Destiny 2, if you'd be willing to help me out with this, let me know. (Not sure how many of us are still in Destiny 2 at the moment).

Thanks!

I'm willing to help with the D2 stuff. I need some help, too. I might even be up for Assassin's Creed, since I own like 20 of them (and I've yet to launch one).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread