"The Lie" quest is bugged. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, May 18, 2020, 05:30 (1438 days ago) @ Korny

You should try Apex again, Nevin. It’s in the best state it’s ever been right now (unless you’re a Pathfinder main, but hey, we manage).

It truly is amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever played a game that hits the same way as Apex. Literally every time I play the game I am astounded by how good it is, I notice one more thing that shows how thoughtful they are when it comes to balance and how the game feels to play.

I’m not sure any game can match the intensity of something like the game we had last night, where every time we turned around we faced down a new squad. We won that game, and it was incredible. Apex is the rare game where we could have died at any point during that match and it would have still felt good, been just as compelling an experience. We died within two minutes of dropping how many times last night? And it was never frustrating. Every single match is different, and every death feels like learning something. There is no equivalent to the other team running a super train on you for three minutes straight and not being able to do anything about it, at least not that I’m aware of. Even getting third-partied, which the thing I see the most complaints about, never feels frustrating to me. It always feels like a lesson in awareness, and it’s nearly always preventable by smart play.

I truly think Apex is one of the best multiplayer games ever made. I understand why folks don’t like it with the looting phase and sometimes slow ramp into the action, but I have never played anything that feels quite as tense (in a good way). They haven’t always got it right with the monetization, but I think they’re in a good spot with that right now, for the most part (I still think $18 for weapon skins is silly, though).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread