Hey, I'm Fine. ...or not. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, June 15, 2020, 15:45 (1410 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Yeah, you've got a point there...I'll try not to go off the handle commenting on posts.
Then again Bungie annoys the hell out of me sometimes.

Honestly—as unfortunate as it is—this isn't a new circumstance. Dementia "runs" in the family. I put runs in quotations as Echo of course isn't blood related. However, this is the third family member in my lifetime to have been diagnosed. My great Aunt 'Papa' showed signs a while back. Because she had people who realized the signs and took the measures necessary, they got her treated and given the care and supplies she needs. As you can guess, there is no cure, but they've been exercising her brain and helping her every step of the way. In fact, she still remembers who I am, asks about me a lot.

Sadly,she keeps asking.

But in November and Echo's case, I feel frustrated too because NONE of us can do anything. He's not in his right mind, but he's still an adult so nobody can force him to do anything. And I do feel bad for Aunt November, I really do...but her way of dealing with this stress is NOT healthy...for any of us.

For example. About 2 weeks ago, November was begging Juliett(again, California) to come and help her find a facility for him. Juliett has a full-time career; November is retired. But she spends some vacation time and flies over. She spends about a week doing research, making sure he's taking care of and they find I think 3 separate places. November signs the papers for one (and I think she made a down payment too), and Juliett leaves. Her flight does not even land before November's calling mom saying they can't take him.

Then what the hell was all that research for!? Juliett is one of the smartest of the 6 siblings in that generation. I wasn't there for this stuff, but I KNOW for a FACT there's no way in hell she'd just pick a place at random and not get the information November needs. I also know that they went together, so this couldn't be possible.

But that's just what's gotten Mom (and myself) so angry—Juliett took more than a week off to help November get on track to helping Echo, and she derailed again in less than 5 hours.

And the memory loss situation is getting worse! Mom told me some time ago that Echo was caught walking around the house with a knife in his pocket because he wasn't sure if his kids "were intruders or not". That's dangerous.

But no one can force him into anything unless he does do something dangerous. And we do NOT need that to happen.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread