Halo Infinite quick take (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:49 (1375 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:02

I think it looks really fun.

I’m mixed on the art style. It’s very original Halo, and it looks fantastic, I still just hate that 343i felt that was necessary because of internet crybabies. Their art style for 4 and 5 was a really good take on the universe, outside of some of the more ridiculous armor designs.

I must admit, I’m a little disappointed in the technical aspect. Nothing in that demo wowed me, as far as graphics. It looks good, but it almost looks unfinished, like they forgot to turn some shaders on or something. Lots of it looks really flat. The lighting and particle effects are similarly disappointing. Nothing looks overtly bad, but it certainly doesn’t look great. Maybe this is the cost of 4K 60, but that doesn’t make the Series X seem all that good if that’s the case.

I also disagree about the sounds, except the Warthog which still sounds dumb. That AR is the best that gun has ever sounded. The new stuff all sounds great.

As for the boxy phantom—these are The Banished, not The Covenant, so they’re probably just trying to make them a bit different.

The most important thing for me is that it looks fun to play. I wonder if some of the Halo 5 stuff is still there. I really liked the boosters and I’ll miss having them if they’re gone. I didn’t see any aiming down sights either (other than on the scoped weapon). I can take it or leave it, I guess, but I have come to like it in Halo 5.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread