Halo Infinite quick take (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:56 (1375 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m mixed on the art style. It’s very original Halo, and it looks fantastic, I still just hate that 343i felt that was necessary because of internet crybabies. Their art style for 4 and 5 was a really good take on the universe, outside of some of the more ridiculous armor designs.

The 343 games kind of suffered from overload. It was like Michael Bay's transformers, just assaulting you with complexity that overwhelms you visually. In that regard, I think the art design was actually poor.

I must admit, I’m a little disappointed in the technical aspect. Nothing in that demo wowed me, as far as graphics. It looks good, but it almost looks unfinished, like they forgot to turn some shaders on or something. Lots of it looks really flat.

I would agree with that. The person in the cockpit looks less real than anyone in say, Death Stranding. His skin did not really look right.

The lighting and particle effects are similarly disappointing. Nothing looks bad. Maybe this is the cost of 4K 60, but that doesn’t make the Series X seem all that good if that’s the case.

Gee maybe if they ran at 1080p60 it could have looked better :-p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread