I finally beat Red Dead Redemption 2 (Gaming)

by marmot 1333 @, Saturday, August 08, 2020, 11:42 (1328 days ago)

According to the Rock Star Social Club, my playtime was roughly 61 hours. I don't possibly see how that is accurate. It felt like much longer--not in a bad way. Perhaps that doesn't include time that I died and reverted to a checkpoint? I have no idea. I started playing in summer of 2019, took a long break, and started playing again around June of this year.

I finished the story with 85.6% completion. I did every main story mission and I tried to do every Stranger (white dot) mission I could; I was not able to complete the Marko Dragic stranger story thread. I mostly ignored the "challenges" etc and I only did 5 legendary animals (4 of which were this past week; I wish I had done them sooner for the leveling bonuses they grant.

This game had one of the best, most fleshed out storylines of any game I've played. Dutch has more presence that possibly any other character from a video game I've ever experienced.

The world is beautiful and detailed.

The game definitely has some flaws--wonky and/or confusing controls primary among them--but by the end, it was all worth it.

Just curious how many people here started the game and finished it? Or never finished it?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread