Mini-Season? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 17:30 (1324 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 17:40

I might possibly be one of the last people on earth to earn this title...

Nice job!
The data simply does not support this.
I made my first trip to the 'Queen's Court' recently, as time finally allowed.

I'm so appreciative of the extra time the delaying of Beyond Light has afforded us for playing the game. (moved from Sept 22 to Nov 10)

I have been rolling an idea around my brain for a few weeks
What if we could utilize those 49 extra days (or more?) spent waiting for Beyond Light in a special way?
What if each week were ‘high corruption’ week in the Dreaming City allowing more access to the “Truth to Power’ Lore Book?
Or what if these bonus days were considered sort of a Mini-Season of their own? Season of the 'Wild Card' perhaps? --Name might need a bit of work

So far, it looks like the 49 bonus days are being added straight to the end of the Season 11 Pass because in the last few weeks the ’Days Remaining’ count on the Season Tab was increased.
Instead of just adding those days directly to Season 11 thus creating one very bloated Season and virtually wasting any extra XP gained beyond Season Rank Level 100 (or 200 for 'Power Bonus'), what if we could bank that extra XP gained beyond 100 (or 200 for 'Power Bonus') during the 49 extra days of Season 11 and instead apply it to any (1) Season of our choosing which we participated in the last year? (Shadowkeep Cycle Season 8-11)

This would be a great way to account for the pre-shortened Season 8 (which was shortened 14 days right out of the gate). I would imagine there is relevant data that can be generated which may demonstrate that for many players in the community, there may have been 1 Season that just didn’t ‘click’ with them. Or 1 Season where Life circumstances created a situation where they were not able to play a video game that much.

Now I'm not saying it would be easy or even technically possible to 'codify' in game, especially on short notice... :( I'm also not saying that it wouldn't set a bad/strange precedent for the following years that may not have a Mini-Season or ‘time of bonus’. But man would this be a great decision to make in favor of the average player out there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread