Destiny 2 - Brief PC review (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 20, 2020, 12:17 (1316 days ago) @ squidnh3

Is part of this the increased FOV? Whenever I see videos of Destiny on PC that's always the thing that strikes me the most, it looks like they are playing in a fishbowl compared to console. I see a lot of requests on Reddit for a FOV slider for Destiny on the next generation consoles, but I'm not really sure how I feel about that (or how Bungie feels about it). It seems like to be competitive you really have to max it out whether you like it or not.

I think that is a big part yes. I have only brought it from the PC default of 85 to 90 so far, and I could notice a difference. Another thing I like about the FOV is the extra details you can see. I can see more of my hands and the weapons on PC, on console those details are only seen when you reload.

Adding it on console would be a great win for me based on my limited FOV experience. I played alot of Apex legends on default video settings for many months before a friend recommended I turn up the FOV. I was skeptical about performance but PS4 PRO handled it fine on the max FOV setting. My K/D ratio increased a good amount as a result. Movement felt better as well, which was surprising as Apex has some of the most liberating movement systems of any FPS I have played.
And again - I got to see more weapon detail on Apex as well. In a growing world of cosmetics/shaders/skins being able to see more weapon detail than we have now just makes sense to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread