Not just the disc drive (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 17, 2020, 08:42 (1316 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2. Just because the disc drive is the only thing they are removing doesn't mean they aren't marking the digital PS5 down just to compete with Xbox.

This is probably true, but the result is still something that is $100 more expensive if I want to use discs. I am still going to buy every single game I can used as a result.

I mean, sure, but if they hadn't down priced it to compete with the Xbox it would have just been $50 more to use discs. How is that any different if you were planning to buy the $500 dollar version anyway? They weren't ever going to lower that regardless of what the discless costed. In fact if they weren't competing with Xbox they the PS5 would probably be more expensive so that Sony could recoup some of their losses.

So your stand on saying the company is slighting you seems kinda.. odd. Get mad at them for even including an option for discless makes sense, but don't argue the pricing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread