Not just the disc drive (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 17, 2020, 11:42 (1310 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I never said that it was my feelings nor that you said they were bad. What I'm saying is that you have a tendency to champion your cause and not even consider the feelings of the other side.

I literally did that when I acknowledged a ton of people like buying digitally. Which I totally understand!

So when you say your typical things like "Dammit, fuck off with all this bullshit to try to edge us into abandoning physical media." and not at all care about the others who don't really care about physical media. Call my surprised when you say "A cheaper discless option, while ultimately bad for the future of games, is something that a lot of people clearly value."

You misunderstand. If someone chooses to buy digital, that is not a problem on its own. The problem is when it's the only option. If there were one version of the PS5 with a disc drive, this would be a non issue.

So what I'm saying is, I rarely ever hear you tell us your feelings about the other side of what you are trying to champion. So I guess I'm sorry for assuming you only care about what you are championing for and I look forward to hearing more about both sides of the story from you.

A lot of people find digital more convenient (especially now when buying physical media is more complicated). They can buy all the digital they want as long as the industry does not shift to digital only.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread