Next Gen Price Points (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, September 17, 2020, 11:03 (1316 days ago) @ Cody Miller

$299, $399, & $499

What a time to be a gamer! Even casual gamers can make the jump to next-gen this time, and hardcore gamers are getting some powerful boxes!

You need to look at it from a bigger picture though… Microsoft is trying to usher in an era where you no longer even buy and own games. Both are making the most aggressive push yet for a digital only future. That is a scary to me.

Recognizing your preferences I respect your view point on this, but I think you are in the minority (shocking right?)

I used to keep all my old consoles and games. But I never play them...because I've acquired them digitally. I also don't want to have 4 generations of Xbox sitting on counter. I actually just gave away my Atari, NES and all games to a friend who collects classic games. He actually does play them, and enjoys the collection. When I had them, they just sat in a box in my garage.

The ability to have my favorite games at the ready, digitally is awesome. And going forward, knowing I can still play them is appealing.

Your argument might be "what if those digital files are no longer supported?" Then I will go back to doing what I did with my physical copies...nothing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread