Are streamers actually retarded? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, October 01, 2020, 18:39 (1274 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The streaming community is apparently in a tizzy about Destiny PvP. I have not seen a single video from a Destiny streamer/youtuber that isn’t completely idiotic. I’ve seen at least two that say the community needs incentives (mainly in the form of Bungie sanctioned tournaments with cash prizes).

What in the actual fuck? Suddenly it’s Bungie’s job to make a game that they can profit off of?

This is a silly thing to be mad about or even pay attention to, but jesus christ why are these idiots still around?

They're especially mad right now because due to Twitch-related cheating issues, they can't stream PC PvP without risking disconnects or something, so even less profit for them. That, and the Beyond Light delay has caused them to spread their dwindling content thin.
I've been saying forever that streamers have been led to believe that they are entitled to/have pull with devs (well, most devs). And part of the reason is that Bungie has historically catered to that crowd. From something as simple as removing Xur from the Director (so they can profit off their "what does Xur have?" videos), to the "Community Summits" where they got "Influencers" to complain about stream appeal (and remember how they got them to hype up Gambit? Lol that aged well).

They feel like they have actual power. And since they lack the ability to consistently entertain in other ways (given how saturated fad games like Fall Guys and Among Us get during their 15-minutes), they have been very vocal about not having a streaming source that fits their niche (New Destiny content or incentives).

All we can do is shrug and play on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread