I can more than summarize what happened, I can show you! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:01 (1262 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I tried to log on via PC fairly late, around 6:50pm PST. After waiting a while, I got in.

I did the special mission, ghost said some stuff, I saw some NPCs looking up, I looked up and saw hazy stuff around the Traveler, the waypoint kept moving, I followed it and eventually got a "quickness" buff, I jumped over some moving water and got to a door and held down 'E' (PC).

Then I got kicked to orbit. Lots of "Trouble Connecting to Destiny" messages and the game was mostly on a black screen.

Later I heard the music change (I had alt+tabbed out) and caught the tail end of an animation that showed the Director, darkness swirled around the destinations that were being taken and then the Traveler got like, a blueish round pattern (?) on it.

After that I was kicked out for good and servers seemed down.

So I scrolled through CheapLeys's twitch feed and I couldn't find where he even got the buff and found the doorway. So I'm curious if other people did that part/if they were able to open the door/etc.

It sounds to me you hit all the major beats. The City, the Quickness light buff, the cutscene of the "map". Since you mention everything dropped for you when you hit the door, I'll show the first clip I have after that. I presume the reason you dropped was because entering that door put you into a public area. The hand shake is different, and that's probably why you got kicked.

I do eventually look around, if only to see if I can get a better view.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread