We're all Swift fans here right? (Non-Destiny related.) (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 03, 2020, 11:32 (1233 days ago) @ bluerunner

It feels silly to be invested in the struggle between millionaires, but this is extra delicious. She’s been blocking the licensing if her back catalogue to fuck Scooter Braun as much as possible, so it’s great to see her use her new recording of her old music like this.

Yeah, totally. I don't really look at it as a money thing. No one involved is hurting financially. But the way things were handled just makes me want to puke. That woman MADE Big Machine what it is, and the deal they tried to rope her into instead of just letting her buy her OWN WORK back (which she almost certainly has the money for) might have been legal but it was morally repugnant. And the thing is, it's not just the big names who are treated that way. We just don't hear about the small people record labels screw over.

I live in Nashville. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone whose music dreams were crushed by record labels.

I've always been curious...

Why are there so many dead cats in the south, and why does everyone swing 'em?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread