GatorCheaters makes me curious (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 14:55 (1190 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm also unclear how cheating is satisfying for more than a few games. At some stage, wouldn't you just say "what's the point?"

For people like these, three reasons come to mind:

A: They're tired of running into cheaters themselves
B: They can't get it up (whether that's in-game or in reality, I'll let you decide)
C: Something something something Dark Side(curiosity)

But the end result is all the same: power is addicting. Never missing a shot, never losing a game, sprees galore, near constant quest completion, etc. etc. I don't know if these people do it knowing they're going to get caught, or if they believe that nothing will happen, but it's pretty corrupting.

I'll be the first to admit I've downloaded some campaign trainers for some of my PC games. Why? An immature misguided sense of revenge! You would be disturbed at how much I enjoyed walking out into Sniper Alley in Outskirts, as a dozen Jackal snipers headshotted me for naught while I just stood there laughing like Gill in Street Fighter. Some people just enjoy the feeling and move on. Some can't live without it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread