99% shameless self promotion, 1% gaming/Destiny related (Off-Topic)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 01, 2021, 07:47 (1180 days ago)

A few DBO regulars seemed to enjoy my last album, so I thought I’d let you all know I have another one coming out soon:

As part of the lead-up to the launch of the album, I released a new music video today for one of the tracks on the album:

So this video has a bit of a fun story behind it.

About 6 weeks ago, I was in the last stages of getting the album finalized and ready for release. As part of that process, I listen to the album constantly for about a week. I play it over and over in the background of whatever I’m doing, constantly looking for little things that might still need fixing. I downloaded an app onto my Xbox that allows me to stream music from my phone to my Xbox and run it in the background while I’m playing games, including Destiny 2.

So one night I was playing the Deep Stone Crypt raid with some friends. I had the Destiny music muted, so I could play my new album in the background. By complete coincidence, the song I just posted above (North Star) began to play right as we entered the “space walk” portion of the raid... and it was a perfect fit. The mood and atmosphere of that song worked so well with the outer space aesthetic that I instantly wanted to put the 2 together in a video. But after messing around with it for a bit, I realized that Destiny 2 wasn’t going to work for a few logistical reasons. So I started thinking about alternatives. I recorded a few short clips using Star Wars Squadrons, and that was cool, but then I jumped over to No Man’s Sky and it just clicked. So I used that to create the final video.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread