"Hm, coulda gone better." (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, March 29, 2021, 08:37 (1095 days ago) @ squidnh3

If they are too general, they might as well not exist.

Let's do this!

I hate bounties in Destiny more than just about anything else in the game. They're chores and nothing more.

Not too mention bounties actively ruin just about every mode in the game. Strikes? I hope you're faster than your teammates, because they're also running forward as fast as possible trying to finish bounties. Crucible? Have fun losing, because thumbless wonder on your team over there needs SMG kills.

I won't pretend I've never gone into Gambit and completely ignored the actual game mode in favor of just knocking out my 8 bounties and then bailing. But that's the fucking problem--bounties incentivize everything except playing the game in a way that is actually fun for the people around you. I've made it to the point where I just ignore the bounties I don't want to do and the rest I can complete naturally as I just play the game how I normally would.

I'm happy that this season has made it to a place where they're aren't necessary to level up the season pass. The challenge system is just another list of chores, but they're much more bearable because they are far more general "do this activity" style objectives.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread