I think I'm doing it wrong... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 29, 2021, 08:55 (1124 days ago) @ nico

Claude has a similar experience: he said it doesn't take him many games to complete the IB bounties.

In recent months, it's taken me 10+ games per character. There's always the "ability kills" percentages on the hunter, and the "team shoot" for the other two being the last to finish.

Hmm. I don't think we're fully understanding each other. The one time we actually compared numbers, we were close (I was at 8 or 9, you were at 10 or 11; those are close enough to not be relevantly different).

And I'm not sure I should speak for Squid, but when he said "a pinnacle drop every 3 games", I took that to mean "4 pinnacle drops in 12 games" - which is the same number as you have, and as I have.

It takes about 10 games to finish 4 bounties. More or less. I think we ALL agree on that. At 10 mins/game (less these days, since there are so many mercies, in both directions), that's a little under 2 hours. Roughly the same speed of pinnacle generation as a raid. (Well, as a raid early in the raiding process. Yes, we do DSC in an hour these days. But we spent 3 hours on Last Wish last week - and didn't even finish.)

Presage takes about half an hour at this point, gives you 1 pinnacle - so 4 every 2 hours.

Harbinger takes about the same, with the same drop rate.

It doesn't seem to me that IB reward efficiency is that much different than other endgame activity reward efficiency.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread