Thanks for taking the time to write that, Cody (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:18 (804 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:22

It's not far off from a collection of thoughts you have already externalized in this forum through our time here, but have it all together in a single cohesive article is pretty cool.

It's a lot to chew on and I think I agree with you overall. Dunno what else to add here.

Uncharted appears to be standard video game adaptation fare, but I truly look forward to seeing how both Halo and the Last of Us hold up.

Halo at least theoretically has a shot as explained.

Last of Us, at least according to my theory, has no chance. It's the same story as the game, and the game itself was already using film for visual storytelling. And yet, the pedigree of those behind it is impeccable. I'm having a hard time imagining it being done without thought and care. I didn't really touch on TV vs Film, and it does seem a limited series could be more of a suitable format for a game adaptation. And yet, I can't really conceive of the experience being better or different enough from the game to be valuable on its own.

But hey I don't know. People seem to be actually figuring this stuff out. I'm pulling for both of these series.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread