Garden of Salvation (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 12, 2022, 17:45 (775 days ago) @ CyberKN

Man, this raid…

I’m gonna preface this with some apologies;

Vortech was totally right about linking both red and blue tethers to the boss extending the damage phase; I went and looked it up this morning, and every guide I found claims this to be the case.

FWIW, it used to be that one tether was far more efficient, but they changed something when Beyond Light dropped that made one tether end so damn quickly.

As frustrating as it can seem at times, I really really enjoy the tethering mechanic. I would have loved to see more mandatory combat-light encounters that made use of this, similar to how some of the Divinity puzzles work.

Isn't the second encounter (opening the Hydra arena) exactly that, though?

One of my chief complaints is that a lot of the anchors you connect the tethers to are just far enough away that they can’t reliably be completed with two players, at least not in the middle of combat. I feel like with just a little bit of iteration, that encounter would go from dreaded to one of the best in that game. Oil one or two of the encounter's moving parts, preferably some of the more buggy ones like mote collection.

The beacons actually move around every damage phase. This is what usually throws off builder duos most of the time. The original configuration only has 2 anchors that are impossible to two-man and another 2 that are hard if you're in a rush. Every other configuration is much harder to reliably two-man.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread