Garden of Salvation (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:37 (774 days ago) @ CyberKN

Man, this raid…

I’m gonna preface this with some apologies;

Vortech was totally right about linking both red and blue tethers to the boss extending the damage phase; I went and looked it up this morning, and every guide I found claims this to be the case.

I got a bit punchy towards the end of the session, and I had no good reason to imply our failures were any particular team’s fault. I caused at least as many wipes as anyone else, if not more. Hope you guys don’t take what I said seriously.

Speaking for myself, I never felt offended. (I mean it's certainly better than the time in crucible when you yelled at me to "stop dying" ?) And so long as we are clarifying intent whether it's needed or not, I really wasn't trying to push for one strategy over another. I was genuinely enjoying seeing how the Xbox folks approached the raid (although I still maintain running the bases backwards is downright un-American </Sam_Eagle>). Relying so much on raid mods for DPS is something I never would have thought of because the group I figured it out with had to cement a strategy before we had those mods. I find that sort of thing fascinating. And cross pollination!

Having completed the final encounter twice now, I can totally understand why people hate it. It’s unforgiving in a way other raid encounters aren’t, where a single missed callout or ill-timed death will inevitably snowball into a state where continuing the fight isn’t feasible. It actually reminds me a lot of Oryx in that way.

It's not just that it is unforgiving, it's that it takes so long to kill you that it gives you false hope you can overcome the error that was made. Crushing, really.

I would still love to pop in and do this one more every couple months or so, if only to do the Divinity puzzles again and finish that quest.

I'm very happy to help with the quest.

I like raids.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread