My turn to roll a grenade into the room, lol (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 22:11 (757 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I can’t say I disagree with most of that. I’m definitely checked out already. I finished the campaign and spent a night or two exploring the new area and tried the new activities and I think I’m done. I’ve seen what I wanted to see. I just can’t anymore with the game operates at a fundamental level.

Their patrol zones are total failures. Sorry, Bungie—grinding out reputation by doing mindless bullshit so I can get the ability to press a button at a predetermined location to bring a “secret” into view isn’t fun or interesting. It might actually be the literal laziest excuse for game design I’ve ever encountered. It was lazy when they did it last season, but hey, at least it’s not hidden behind a weekly lockout this time. Instead it’s hidden behind how many boring patrol activities you can stomach before you realize you could just slam your balls in a door instead.

I loved the campaign (in the context of a Destiny campaign—it’s no Halo 3). Playing through on Legendary was a great way to spend two evenings. Everything after that has been lackluster beyond the the two hours it took to see the new area and get a taste of the Wellspring and the new seasonal activity.

Part of me wonders if they’ve just lowered the bar so far that this feels like a triumph in comparison. I’ve seen tons of posts ok reddit praising how great it is that our Guardian has so many lines, and it left me completely flabbergasted. Our Guardian had like ten lines and not a single one was of any significance whatsoever. But somehow the bar was so low that even that was praiseworthy.

I wish I liked Destiny more than I did anymore. There’s still so much potential there that they refuse to work towards. Maybe it’s time to hang it up and quit bringing this place down so often. I don’t know.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread