The New S16 PVP Weapons (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 10, 2022, 20:55 (774 days ago)

Hi y'all. Bungie had an TWAB today, and y'all can go read it if you want, but that's not what this post is about. It's about the new weapons. Oh! So that's why I put that in the title. GEE!

Last Season I decided to try an old trick, and held on to some bounties/engrams to redeem this season. And I got lucky. I got hands on with every single NEW S16 PvP weapon, and I want to put my thoughts down real quick ahead of the storm.

Frontier's Cry (Iron Banner Hand Cannon)
Fluted Barrel / Appended Mag / Adaptive Munitions / Iron Reach [Range Masterwork]

My exact words when I gave the trigger on this weapon it's first few pulls was "holy shit, it's Jason Bourne"...em, no... wait. Oh! I remember now, it was..."holy shit, it's Trust."

At the very minimum, it does use the EXACT SAME sound effect. And it is the exact same frame. And it feels ALOT like trust does. So... that's going to be interesting when the rest of the community gets hands on with this thing.

I say this, as I was lamenting Trusts removal from the Gambit Vendor so much that I went and gave the weapon one last run. So, my memory of how this weapon feels to use is still sharp. Hardly a few days old. And while NOTHING will be able to compete with my 91 Reload Speed Drop Mag / Outlaw / Explosive Payload Trust... this weapon may be able to provide some real solid goods.

Razor's Edge (Iron Banner Sword)
Jagged Edge / Enduring Guard / Energy Transfer / Chain Reaction [Impact Masterwork - Full]

If you were blind raiding with me, you saw this weapon in action. Or if you were one of the people who watched the launch trailer and asked "is that a light saber", I can tell you now...no. It isn't. I can't blame you for asking thought, as it does have some striking similarities. Alas, you can't change the color of the glow with shaders. Bungie hates fun, or at least the lawyers hate fun. Can't say much about the feel, but... it did what it needed to do well enough for me with contest mode on in the raid, so that has to speak for something right?

Aisha's Embrace (Trials Scout Rifle)
Hammer Forged Rifling / High-Caliber Rounds / Unrelenting / Forth Time's the Charm | Alacrity [Range Masterwork]

And then... oh man... how do I, I don't even...

This weapon is butter. BUT-TER. I'm not talk'n that cheap I-can't-believe shite oh no no, cus friends, we gona' MAKE YOU believe! We're goin' down south in this recipe. For those of you not in the know, that means you throw away the butter knife, cus' we use'n the ice cream scoop! FULL HOG. Whole fats, all flavor. It might be bad for your heart, but it's FAR worse for anyone else on the other end of Aisha's Embrace and MMMM-mm-Mm-mM-MMM. This thing... OH MAN.

In Destiny One, Scouts were my weapon of choice. Then D2 came along and scouts just... I don't know. Sad. This thing, to me at least and I HOPE HOPE HOPE for you too, is the first scout that made me say, out loud - "WOW. Holy shit." And that's WITHOUT Alacrity proc'd. With Alacrity on, it's like we took this butter and deep fat fried it. Both my Hunter & Titan got through legendary campaign with this thing.

All in all, we're going to ignore the lore and just say it here; This is it baby. Hold ME. That's Aisha's Embrace. If it holds true, this thing might make a slice of the meta.

Oh, and when the (Adept) version is up for grabs... DBO, WE GOIN' HUNTING.

I want it. This is not a request. We goin' hunting. May Matchmaking RNG be ever in our favor.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread