You ain't kidding. But you also missed one! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 18, 2022, 20:45 (763 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Hi y'all. Bungie had an TWAB today, and y'all can go read it if you want, but that's not what this post is about. It's about the new weapons. Oh! So that's why I put that in the title. GEE!

Razor's Edge (Iron Banner Sword)
Jagged Edge / Enduring Guard / Energy Transfer / Chain Reaction [Impact Masterwork - Full]

If you were blind raiding with me, you saw this weapon in action. Or if you were one of the people who watched the launch trailer and asked "is that a light saber", I can tell you now...no. It isn't. I can't blame you for asking thought, as it does have some striking similarities. Alas, you can't change the color of the glow with shaders. Bungie hates fun, or at least the lawyers hate fun. Can't say much about the feel, but... it did what it needed to do well enough for me with contest mode on in the raid, so that has to speak for something right?

[image]
Funny enough, this was my main Heavy throughout my Legendary co-op run. And boy was the Unrelenting/Thresh crucial against those GuardianHives. Would be nice to change the blade color, but I'm glad Bungie hasn't abandoned the Vortex frame like I thought they would. Being void, it pairs so well with Fighting Lion for those Volatile Well builds...

The Summoner (Trials Auto Rifle)
[image][image]

^^I got a couple of Adepts this past Weekend. One with High Cal/Rangefinder/Rampage That you'd think would be the PvP God Roll, but my time with it was mostly just "it's ok". Not the monster that the Summoner was in previous seasons, but it's obviously no slouch:

But then there's that second one, that I thought would only be great in PvE, but ho boy, let me tell ya:

Pretty much never having to reload if you play aggressively is such a great tradeoff for range/damage perks, that I can't believe I've slept on Overflow all this time. I'm torn on which will be my main PvP roll, which is a great problem to have!

================================================

> Aisha's Embrace (Trials Scout Rifle)
Hammer Forged Rifling / High-Caliber Rounds / Unrelenting / Forth Time's the Charm | Alacrity [Range Masterwork]

And then... oh man... how do I, I don't even...

This weapon is butter. BUT-TER.

If you hadn't made this post, I probably wouldn't have ever bothered with this gun (see? I value your thoughts!). Scout rifles have been poop for me ever since The Jade Rabbit was butchered between D1 and D2. I can't recall the last time I used one for more than a required Champion burn.

But this?
[image]
This is just siiiick.

Relentless is another perk that I've never really thought much about, but see how I'm consistently ready for the next fight? This gun is beautiful at most any range, and does a great job of getting the enemy to panic with those High Cal rounds:

And this gun isn't just for PvP! Blessed be the void if you make a Volatile Build:

So many pretty explosions and Crits...

Oh, and when the (Adept) version is up for grabs... DBO, WE GOIN' HUNTING.

The only downside is that this gun can't roll with Subsistence (though that would rob you of Unrelenting), but can you imagine? Yeh, I'm definitely grabbing and Adept, though I worry that I used up my luck with with the current roll. :(

Also, I didn't think I'd get much use out of Vorpal in PvP, but...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread